Saturday, September 25, 2004

Everyday

Everyday,
I’d see to it that I’d look at myself closely in the mirror, memorizing every line, every curve... afraid that one day I might not be able to see my face again for I’m not sure if there are mirrors in heaven.

Everyday,
I’d examine everything I hold, I’d cherish and memorize every face I see, every place I go for I know that when I die, I’ll never stop missing those faces, those things and those places.

Everyday,
I’d clean my room, embrace my pillows tight, cuddle comfortably in my bed and linger in my closets for I’m not sure I’ll have a room of my own in heaven.

Everyday,
I’d regret not telling my parents how great they are, and confess to them that
I’m a rotten child and let them feel that I loved that piano only I knew it when it’s already gone.

Everyday,
I do not waste time confessing to him that I couldn't cook, couldn't do the laundry, couldn't iron even my own clothes... but wasting time learning how.

Everyday,
I’d look at you, wanting to part your hair and kiss your brows and say
“my love, why suffers thou?” for I know that it could be my last chance
`coz I’m sure you’ll never suffer in heaven.

Everyday,
I’d wish that I’ve the guts to tell you how much I care and love you
for I’m scared that I’d die and then I’ll never have the chance to do so.

Everyday,
I’d thank the Lord for the gifts He gave me.
Things, peace and people whom I love and who loves me.
People whom I hated and who hated me.

Everyday,
I’d hope and pray that I’ll have yet another day to do what I do everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment