Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sonnet 17

sabado. isa lang ang ibig sabihin nito para sa akin--movie marathon.

nung byernes, dumaan kami sa mall... balak nya sanang bumili ng pink sandals. kaso lang wala kaming nakita. meron naman kaming nabili. VCDs! hehe.

i bought Forrest Gump, Hook, and Patch Adams... a few of my favorite films. it was nice that i could strikeout some from my wishlist again. hehe.

since i also rented movies from Video City, i have an armload of movies to watch. i started with the Incredibles (3rd time to watch it) for my kids... but i ended watching it alone after 30 minutes since my kids opted to play GTA (Grand Theft Auto) on my pc instead. hay...

then i watched The Object of My Affection... it was ok... it was a new CD there, i thought it was a fairly new movie, but.. when i watched it unfold, i totally forgot that i already watched it. twice. what can i say? i forget things like this. hehe.

After lunch, i started watching Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, but i became bored with it, so I switched to Hook, my childhood (err... sort of.) fave film... fairies and pirates kinda remind me of my dreams of becoming a princess and living in Britain.

I took a nap. Woke up with someone's face on top of me watching me sleep. God, he was relentless. I hate him everyday, I swear.

After what seems agonizingly like forever, I took my second shower for the day, and then proceeded to watch Patch Adams (more than 10 times, im guessing), another super favorite Robin Williams movie.

When he was reading a Pablo Neruda sonnet (Sonnet 17 of Neruda's 100 Love Sonnets) to his dead gf's grave, i felt the familiar tears trickle down my face. Sniff. Patch Adams always make me cry.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this:
where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

It always make me want to meet the real Patch in person. See the Gesundheit Institute. Help him help other people. This also intensified my desire to meet Robin Williams, one of the most talented people that walked the earth.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

i should've become a doctor. now, that would be hilarious. hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment