Friday, January 25, 2008

La Canción De Mi Corazon

There is the inexplicable uncertainty in life that lingers... it comes and it goes... but it never leaves without a trace of life-changing lessons. What is there? Beyond the trees, in between the mountains of sadness? Will there be hope in sickness and death? Will love find it's way back to you after the so-called long and winding road of finding itself?

I pretend that I'm glad you went away
These four walls closing more every day
And I'm dying inside
And nobody knows it but me
Like a clown I put on a show
The pain is real even if nobody knows
And I'm crying inside
And nobody knows it but me

The need to find thyself--will it ever be a perfect reason, an acceptable reason even, for someone to let you go? Isn't relationships supposed to feel like you're home?

How blue can I get?

You could ask my heart
But like a jigsaw puzzle it's been torn all apart
Billion words couldn't say just how I feel
A million years from now you know I'll be loving you still

Maybe I would, and maybe I will just forget that you ever breathed beside me. But there is an impossibility in the knowledge of forgetting. For when you breathed, you leave an imprint, like an indelible ink that never goes away.

When can my heart beat again
When does the pain ever end
When do the tears stop from running over
When does “you'll get over it” begin
I hear what you're saying
But I swear that it's not making sense
So when can I see you again?

In a month's time, you will leave. Maybe you take with you my heart. But I beg for you to hold it in your palm, be afraid to let it fall and break. For time will only tell if I won't have the courage to take it back from you. If you still do not want it in the future, put it in a little box, cover it in stamps and return it to me. I will understand. Like I always do.

Like I always will.




photo credit: padyak
babyface's nobody knows it but me & when can i see you again

No comments:

Post a Comment