Monday, September 29, 2008

i really think everyone should have Claritin in their kikay kits.

damn.

we ate at Sisig Hooray yesterday afternoon. I ordered the bangus one, coz I have to lay off meat. I also ate a cassava.

After eating, we went to the grocery. As soon as we entered, I felt woozy... and then I had this terrible headache, and I thought that my blood pressure went up or something... my doctor was warning me about this, coz my meds can cause high blood pressure as one of its adverse effects, that's why she wants me to go on a diet and get back to the old 50kg weightless freak that I was when I came to her.

Anyway, I felt so bad, I wanted to just collapse right there and then, but I controlled myself... I was thinking of my Mom... she might freak or something. When we were in the checkout, my Mom finally noticed. I was red! And not the ordinary red. I was red-red! Whatever. I was freakishly red.

We went home. I texted my doctor, said that I take Claritin, and so I did. Course, my Mom was already talking of ERs and cab trips, and calling all brotherly forces to convince me to get out of bed and we rush to Makati Med.

But I told them to hush and that we give Claritin, my new bestfriend, some time to work.

Hay... Claritin was a blast. I could have kissed her, gave her chocolates, and texted her non-stop, if she was just human.


Nway, enough about yesterday.

Lunchtime today was a nightmare. Well, after lunch.

I ate fish. Yeah, I'm THAT stupid. I ate tulingan. As soon as I was drinking my after lunch ampalaya tea (been addicted to tea since I found out it makes me burp, I've not been burping... i'm weird), Yaya said, "namumula ka."

uh-oh.

Scary allergy was back.

And it came back with a vengeance.

Every inch of my body was then covered in splotches of red. My face was freakishly beet-red. I immediately downed a Claritin. I checked my BP (130/70), and it seems fine. That's my normal BP. But then I saw my heartrate. It's a hundred and twenty. My normal heartrate was 70-80.

When I went to bed, my heart was beating so fast and so loud, it took all my strength not to shout for my mother to bring me to the ER already. Grabe, it was so scary. Not to mention, my right side was moving, feels like my new kidney is affected by it all. So that's double-scary!

I prayed and prayed, and then I fell asleep. Claritin makes me sleepy, as all other allergy meds do.

I woke up from the smell of my mother entering my room. Yeah, her smell. Maybe she was checking up on me, I don't know. But I didn't open my eyes. I slept again. When I did open my eyes, all I can think of was, THANK GOD.

My skin was back to normal, I didn't have the terrible headache, and I cannot hear my own heart pumping anymore.

That scary experience aside, I now declare that Claritin is my best ever friend in the whole world. *grins*

and bread... coz how can anyone be allergic to bread?

Never again will I eat tulingan or that sinful bangus sisig.

No comments:

Post a Comment