Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain... just go away.

If you think hard enough, some of the moments that captured
your senses will come back to you.





As I was sorting out my files, the rain noisily tapping on my window, drops of water coming down from my ceiling to my wet floor covered in scraps of paper, I came back to the times that I smelled the air exactly like how i'm smelling it now.

A day in Batangas... a day in Shangrila... a day in Tagaytay...

Previous trips with different people during different occasions.

What's difficult is, together with the smell of rain, the hurt came back to haunt me. And it came back with a flood of tears.

I got up and went to the veranda... Looked up and wished there were stars that night. Stars always made me a little happy. But today, the rain clouds them. I felt alone. I shivered and crawled under the blanket, closed my eyes, and pretended that it was not rain that was tapping on my window... that I was shivering from a different kind of cold... I chose to think of it, for I know it wouldn't bring back any memory.

As I drifted off to sleep, I tried to picture myself on top of a hill... twirling under all the glowing white...







It was snowing.












It did not rain today. But my floor's still wet. My ceiling still gives out little drops of water every now and then. Much like how pain resides in your heart, and chooses opportunities like a change in weather to make itself known.

No comments:

Post a Comment