Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Dialysis Essentials

I've been going to a center for dialysis for 3 years now. I started with 2x a week, now at 3x a week. I gained weight, now at 59 kilos. My lab results are still bad. I think it's because I tend to eat like a normal person, forgetting that I'm a dialysis patient. Ugh.

Anyway, whenever I go in, I need a lot of things with me for a comfortable session. Here is my list of essentials:

My iPhone,earphones,Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. Luckily, the center has free wifi. I listen to music, go online, and watch movies on them. Makes 4 hours bearable. 

Katinko ointment and Five Cranes menthol stick. I can't live without these! Since I get itchy during dialysis, I put on Katinko almost everywhere. It's cooling properties help with the itching. I use Five Cranes on my forehead, neck, and on top of my lips. It helps calm my senses. 

Candies, food, and water. I tend to be hypoglycemic so I need a little sugar to keep that in check. 

A pillow and small blanket. These are available at the center but I like bringing my own for hygienic purposes. 

Alcohol, comb, tissue, cologne, pads, rosary, wallet are staples in my bag.

How about you?  What do you bring during your session?



No comments:

Post a Comment