Friday, January 03, 2014

2013 and 2014


2013 has been a dull year for me. All I did was have my dialysis treatments, go home, laze around, play on my tablet or phone, bond with the kids, and then sleep. All day long.

I wanted to go on trips, but I can't. I can't afford to go on trips. Financially, and physically. 

My usual fights with the husband has taken a toll on me. It's all about the money money money, of course. I get it. Dialysis is expensive, but what does he want me to do? Oh well. 

So that gave me the idea to be more productive. I started thinking about what I can do during my unproductive days. My tools are my tablet and phone. My laptop, is, well, busted for now. I asked Mom for a computer, and she said yes. So, I will have me own pc in my own room this 2014. Now I have a tablet, phone, and pc as tools. 

I also wanted to be more active in writing on the blog again. I have two. This one and http://expo-sped-ph.blogspot.com, my advocacy blog. 

I plan to put my "adventures" in dialysis and kidney failure here. :)) will start by taking pictures and videos of the procedures during my dialysis sessions. 

I don't think I'm the right person to talk about a dialysis patient's nutrition coz I hardly ever follow the doctors and nutritionists about it. :)) but maybe I can try to include some articles from other sites. 

I could, however, tell everyone about how expensive dialysis treatments can be, and how it affects everything from your family life to your emotional well-being. 

Aside from those, well I plan to try being active in the kitchen. I rarely cook, so I want to change that. I hope I could. 



I also want to read more. I stopped reading for no reason but laziness. I started already by buying Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book and finished it already. 



I also plan to donate or sell books that I have finished reading so it will not accumulate dust on the shelves. 

These are my simple plans for 2014. Simple, but I think can contribute to a better me. Let's all pray that I can accomplish all these. 

Lesson learned for 2013:

Look back. How else will you see how far you've come?

Best of luck and God's blessings,

Reich

No comments:

Post a Comment