Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On-going Crochet WIP - Ruffle Skirt

Yesterday, I started making a skirt.  I saw a tutorial on YouTube and watched it for a while, then decided that I will make one for myself.  I used Monaco mercerized crochet cotton thread in Shade BUT40 (like moss green).

Shown in the photo:


  • I started with ch 200, ss to form a ring.
  • then worked dc all around for three rounds
  • 4th round: worked 6 dc
  • to make that window for a ribbon:  2 ch, skipped 2 slots, dc on 3rd
  • 2 ch, skipped 2 slots, 6 dc
  • 5th-7th round will be dc all around.
It was not an exact measurement, thus leaving me at the end to skip just one slot each so I can still have that window. 

That's it for now, I am not yet sure what to do after the 7th round.  I am just gonna wing it.  Update soon.

Legend:

ch - chain
ss - slip stitch
dc - double crochet

No comments:

Post a Comment